“According to studies we’ve done with our clients, the average hiring mistake costs 15 times an employee’s base salary in hard costs and productivity loss.” – Geoff Smart, Who: The A Method for Hiring
If we’re all as good as we think we are at judging people, our companies would be overflowing with A+ superstars.
Unfortunately, as much we like to believe we’re great at hiring, we don’t have the outcomes to show for it: we’re not overflowing with incredible talent. That means most of us have some work to do.
In traditional hiring – no matter how clever the questions – it’s extremely easy for a mediocre candidate to show up great.
And unfortunately, the opposite is also true. How many people have you not hired who were actually exceptional, but your interview process couldn’t pull it out of them?
If you are interested in learning a hiring process that is two to three times more likely to recruit A+ candidates, then our Topgrading 2-day immersion program is a must attend workshop.
“Oh my gosh! Now that I’ve seen how hiring can be done, there’s no way I can go back to the way we’ve been doing it for the past 20 years!”
This session is limited to 30 people and is designed for CEOs, heads of HR and key executives involved in hiring decisions – ideally a team or four people so that implementation in the company is effective.
Topgrading brings phenomenal organizational change to the DNA of your company and delivers a Talent Management solution that ensures:
- Profits, Revenue, and Quality go up
- Operational Costs go down
Brad and Geoff Smart created Topgrading after conducting over 10,000 assessments of CEOs, managers, and entrepreneurs in every major industry. Through their study, they found:
- The average cost of “mis-hiring” is 8 to 15 times the person’s base salary and hours wasted averages over 200 per person
- Traditional interview methods have only a 25% success rate with hiring, managing, and promoting
- Companies that Topgrade can achieve a 90% success rate in hiring, managing, and promoting High Performers.
Course Overview & Deliverables
In this 2-day training workshop, participants learn the core Topgrading methodologies, which build an organization’s long term Talent Management program, while practicing new skills with a Certified Topgrading Coach
Participants learn and practice how to:
- Measure the company’s hiring and promotion success
- Develop a Job Scorecard
- Apply 50 Crucial Competencies towards hiring, promoting, and developing talent
- Develop a network of A Players to recruit
- Improve interviewing skills and talent assessment abilities via practice & role play:
- Facilitating and controlling a Screening and Topgrading Interview
- Active listening and getting specific, factual data from the candidate
- Interpretation and assessment of information collected from the candidate
- Having a Tandem Partner to assist with Interviews
- Dates: October 4th and 5th
- Venue: Terminal City Club: 837 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
- Both days begin promptly at 8:30am and finish by 5:00pm.
- Attendees are expected to complete the full 2-Day Workshop.
- Accommodation: Auberge Hotel (Terminal City Club) / Reservations: 604-678-8899
To register, please contact Janice Watkins at email@example.com