As you reset your quarterly planning goals for the rest of 2021, I was thinking about the importance of being clear about the strategic goals of the company – where it wants to go, and how it’s going to get there and your role in making it happen. If you are not clear or are misinterpreting those strategic goals, in any way, you will be misaligned, and your hard work will not make the contribution you want it to.
So, before you set your goals for the last quarter of this year, ask questions, iterate, and identify any gaps. It’s a great principle to apply to your Self and your Life, as well. Are you on the same page with those important to you? What don’t you know about a situation that would help you to be clearer and more effective?
Here are some more quarterly planning questions:
- Are you on track with what you set out to do this year?
- What’s most important to you?
- What do you need to reset?
- What goals do I need to put in place in your Work, Self and Life?
- Do they fit with your Master Plan?
Don’t forget to include a trusted colleague, coach or friend and life partner in the conversation.
- Complete your Quarterly Reset. On page 1, reflect on the last quarter: what worked and what could have been better.
- Reset your goals for Work, Self and Life for the next 90 days.
- Before you finalize your goals for the next quarter look at your Master Plan to reground yourself, to reconsider the long term and your goals for the year to make sure you’ll achieve them.
Lawrence & Co’s work focuses on sustainable and enhanced growth for you and your business. Our diverse and experienced group of advisors can help your leaders and executive teams stay competitive through the use of various learning tools including workshops, webinars, executive retreats, or one-to-one coaching.
We help high-achieving leaders to have it all – a great business and a rewarding life. Contact us for simple and impactful advice. No BS. No fluff.