“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now”. – Alan Lakein, Author of How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
As you stand in the last couple of weeks of 2018, it’s the perfect time to create your Master Plan for 2019. Yes, I know how busy this time of year can be but it’s really important to assess and reflect on the goals you set for this year, your accomplishments and projects in progress; and to make some choices about where to put your focus in the year ahead – for your work, self and life.
What do you want to achieve?
What experiences would you like to have?
What legacy do you want to leave, and how can you make progress towards it?
How can you make this year effective and memorable within the life you want to live?
You’ll find a copy of Annual Review and Master Plan documents here, to help you to get clear on how much of your energy you want to dedicate to each area of your life. (Chapter 1 of my book – Living an Amazing Life – is a great refresher on this).
And then complete on your goals for the 1st Quarter.
Good luck – and let me know if you need any help.
- Dedicate some time to reflect and create your Master Plan, and your 1st Quarter plan – to do this properly
- Connect with a coach, advisor or mentor if you need help
- Review your plans with people you care about in business and life, to make sure your thinking and plans align with theirs.
Here to Help
For more than 20 years people have asked me if I want to build a practice and replicate myself by having other coaches working with me. Up to about four years ago, my answer was ‘no’ because I had a hard time finding other great coaches to add to my team.
Then, an executive with a company I worked with – a phenomenal leader who had mastered the Rockefeller Habits – told me he wanted to make a career change and become a coach. He actually did it and, after his training, approached me about doing some work. I confess I was reluctant, but we tried it out. That was four years ago, and he’s been with me, ever since.
Dean Ritchey does amazing work with my clients on strategic planning, executive education and facilitating sensitive meetings. Feedback from clients has been consistently spectacular and I’m thrilled to have him on the team.
Because he did so well, I changed my mind about expanding my team, and other advisors have since joined me at Lawrence & Co. So, I’m happy to update you on the team of coaches at Lawrence and Company:
- Dean Ritchey Executive education and coaching, strategic planning, team building, leadership development
- Timothy Schokking Executive education and coaching, strategic planning, team building, innovation, leadership development
- Kristin Hazzard Executive education and coaching, team building, leadership development
- Michelle LaVallee Talent advisor, Topgrading training, hiring and organizational development.
In addition to this strong team of coaches available to you, we have built a great network of other experts, around the world – in Australia, the Middle East, Europe, North and South America.
So, as we go into a new year, if you’re looking for someone to help you with strategic planning for your company – including creating your Master and Quarterly plans, meeting facilitation, strategic planning, and leadership development and education – or personal planning and your own growth, using Your Oxygen Mask First as a framework, please let us know if we can be of service.